How do you find balance?
I am often reminded that what works for some people does not necessarily work for others and that one person’s idea of balance may not be remotely balanced from another person’s perspective.
Being balanced means you have a handle on the various elements in your life and don’t feel that you are being pulled too hard in any direction. More often than not, you feel calm, grounded, clear-headed, and motivated.
How do you find your balance?
1. Acknowledge ~ Take some time to look at your life, your state of mind, and how you’re feeling. Be honest with yourself and notice the areas of your life that you’re neglecting.
2. Examine ~ Notice if there is one area of our life that you are more out of balance.
3. Set Goals ~ Make a list of what goals you want to see happen ~ in the next month, 3 months, 6 months & 12 months.
4. Plan Tasks ~ Make a list of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that you will need to do to achieve each of these goals. What have you tried in the past? Did it work? If not, what can you do differently?
5. Reflect ~ What is the most important thing you’ve accomplished in the past? How did you stay focused on this goal?
6. Prepare ~ What are some things that will try to keep you from sticking to your plan – fears, worries, doubts, negative self-talk? Make a list of these negatives.
7. Empower ~ What are things you can say to that self-sabotaging part of yourself? Be kind to yourself. Balance won’t feel good if you’re cruel to yourself!
8. Connect ~ Is there a person you can use to keep yourself supported, motivated, and focused? Find someone who can help you challenge your inner demons, and celebrate your little accomplishments.
9. Plan ~ It takes time and effort to overcome your habitual patterns and create new ones. If you stay on track with these tips, then there is a good chance you will create new habits to enjoy a more balanced life going forward!
Check out this other blog post on Balance.
Would love to hear some of the ways you find balance, stopover here and share them!