Do you feel like you are just going from the morning you get up until you go to bed at night? Realizing you missed a couple of priorities? Try these 8 tips to be more productive on a daily basis.
- Start your day off right – shoot for 6-8 hours of sleep.
- Be prepared – at the end of your work day, quickly jot down those projects you need to accomplish the next day.
- Create a distraction free zone – turn off the distractions – log out of your emails, turn off the TV or music and turn off your phone.
- Do a brain dump – write down everything that comes to your mind. Grab milk after work, water the plants, etc. Nothing is off limits here.
- Do the hard stuff first – once you complete the hard stuff first you will feel motivated to keep going.
- Meal Plan – take a few minutes over the weekend to plan out your dinners for the upcoming week. The night before, prepare your lunch and prepare anything you can for the next day’s dinner.
- Time Block – use your calendar to block out your time, making sure you give yourself a lunch break. Also make sure to add your workout times to your calendar! Exercise is a great stress reliever!
- Plan for possible interruptions – the kids call and need to be picked up, a client called and has an immediate project need, etc.
By taking a few minutes the day/night before, allows us to make the day easier and smoother.
Do you have other ways to help maximize your productivity? Please share them!