Do you feel like you are just going from the morning you get up until you go to bed at night? Realizing you missed a couple of priorities? Try these 8 tips to be more productive on a daily basis.
- Start your day off right – shoot for 6-8 hours of sleep.
- Be prepared – at the end of your work day, quickly jot down those projects you need to accomplish the next day.
- Create a distraction free zone – turn off the distractions – log out of your emails, turn off the TV or music and turn off your phone.
- Do a brain dump – write down everything that comes to your mind. Grab milk after work, water the plants, etc. Nothing is off limits here.
- Do the hard stuff first – once you complete the hard stuff first you will feel motivated to keep going.
- Meal Plan – take a few minutes over the weekend to plan out your dinners for the upcoming week. The night before, prepare your lunch and prepare anything you can for the next day’s dinner.
- Time Block – use your calendar to block out your time, making sure you give yourself a lunch break. Also make sure to add your workout times to your calendar! Exercise is a great stress reliever!
- Plan for possible interruptions – the kids call and need to be picked up, a client called and has an immediate project need, etc.
By taking a few minutes the day/night before, allows us to make the day easier and smoother.
Do you have other ways to help maximize your productivity? Please share them!
One thought on “8 ways to be more productive”