Whether you are working in the office or still working remotely, finding ways to stay focused is a huge challenge. Coming up with innovative ideas to keep the focus is an even bigger challenge — especially if you are working remotely.
Try implementing some or all of these tips to see if it helps.
- Make sure to have a dedicated working space. This space is only for work. Try not to have your office in the dining room or kitchen or living room.
- Minimize distractions – turn off TV or radio, or if working from home shut the door to your office and put a sign on the door so others in your family know not to interrupt you.
- Take 5-10 minutes every hour to walk away from your desk, stretch your legs, clear your mind and give your eyes a break.
- At the end of every day, take a few minutes to write down everything you need to work on the next day. That way you are starting every day knowing exactly what you need to work on.
- Work on the hard projects first thing, when your mind is fresh and you are more alert.
If you want to add ways to stay productive while working on your ways to stay focused, check out this blog post: 8 ways to be productive.